CD album release | Eilean rec | 2017
The first artist’s release on Eilean Records contains a suite of compositions produced during Artist-in-Residence programs in Norway and Greece. Using field recording as the basis for further musical compositions, artist reveals the power of audible juxtaposition and natural potential of a certain place. Ostensibly unnecessary sound events are treated here as the key components, revealing massive landscape of possible progressions.
Composed and performed by Jacek Doroszenko – electronics, prepared & grand piano, field recordings, electric & acoustic guitar, bells, gates, toys, random objects.
Recorded at The Quality Studio and artist’s studio, Warsaw PL, 2016-2017. Field recordings and compositional basis have been produced during Artist-in-Residence program at Kunstnarhuset Messen in Ålvik, Norway and The Island-Resignified in Lefkada, Greece.
- Headphone Commute’s Best of 2017 : Music For Withered Leaves And Lonely Fishtanks, Headphone Comute, 2017
- Jacek Doroszenko – Wide Grey, Irregular Crates, 2017
- Jacek Doroszenko – Wide Grey, Beach Sloth, 2017
- Wide Grey, So what, 2017
- Jacek Doroszenko – Wide Grey, Music won’t save you, 2017
- Number 1104, Vital Weekly, 2017
- Le streaming du jour #1808: Jacek Doroszenko – Wide Grey, Indie Rock Mag, 2017
- Eilean Recs x3: Jacek Doroszenko / Sonmi451 / Various artists, Drifting, almost falling, 2017